If you are looking for service hours on campus or simply want to engage with other parishioners, consider helping at the following monthly gatherings/events:
Donut Sunday – Make homemade donuts and serve to our parishioners between 9:00 and 11:30 AM.
K of C Pancake Breakfast – Pass out flyers, greet parishioners, offer assistance in the kitchen, etc.
Fish Frys (during Lent) – Pass out flyers, run meals in the drive-thru, etc.
Beautification Ministry - Help with indoor or outdoor maintenance on the St. Barnabas campus.
For more information, contact the Parish Office at email@example.com with how you would like to help in the parish!
Continue to check back to see other NEW ways you can serve in this parish and in the community!
Virtus Program - Child Protection in the Diocese of Cleveland
All volunteers/employees who are planning to help either at the school or with parish events involving children four (4) hours a month or more, or more frequently than once a month, should make plans to attend a one-time-only (3 hour) VIRTUS training session.
All five (5) requirements MUST BE MET for employees/volunteers to work with children:
- Register for VIRTUS training classes by going to http://www.dioceseofcleveland.org. Click on “Child Protection” on the middle right of the home page. Then click on “VIRTUS” on the left side.
- Read The “Policy for Safety of Children-2016” click on Policy for the Safety of Children 2016 and sign and complete the second last page of the document and return to the Parish Office.
- Read “The Standards of Conduct for Ministry “click on Standards of Conduct 2016 and sign and complete the last page of the document and return to the Parish Office.
- Once you have taken the VIRTUS class, you will receive a monthly online bulletin to read. Volunteers/employees are required to read AT LEAST 24 of these bulletins to be compliant with the VIRTUS program.
- Fingerprinting must be submitted in order to complete a Bureau of Criminal Investigation (BCI) background check.
Call Cathy Marion at the Parish Office 330-467-7959 x 150, to schedule an appointment to be fingerprinted. Unless All FIVE (5) requirements are met (bulletins in progress), volunteers/employees CAN NOT be involved with parish activities involving children.
If you have questions, or need paper copies to review, please contact Cathy at 330-467-7959 x 150 or firstname.lastname@example.org